King Street Veterinary Hospital is fully equipped to perform a variety of in-house laboratory testing. This includes:
- Cytology to identify ear and skin infections.
- Fine needle aspiration and cytology to identify cancerous lumps.
- Gram stain for identification of bacteria and fungal organisms.
- Faecal floatation and smear for the detection of parasites.
- Complete urine examination.
- Skin scraping for the detection of mites.
- Heartworm testing in dogs.
- FIV testing in cats.
- Biochemistry and haematology blood testing
- Cage-side blood clot testing for coagulopathies (rat bait ingestion, snake bite)
- Snake venom detection kits
- Titre testing for vaccination requirements
- And much more!
Our blood analysis machine also allows us to perform rapid blood testing while you are waiting. This is particularly useful in establishing a prompt diagnosis in case of illness or emergency. It is also used to perform “wellness testing” in geriatric pets and to perform routine pre-anesthetic blood analysis prior to surgery. It tells us how your pet feels from the inside out!